Skip to main content

Blogging, podding, and the new moniker

So, clearly there's a gap in time (apparently, like 3+ damn years) between these recent posts and my last ones. Sadly, as I scrolled back through my last posts, I realized I didn't even finish a series I'd set up. Tsk tsk on me.

No other excuses, other than--well, life got crazy and busy and crazy busy. Honestly, I'm not really sure why I abruptly stopped blogging before. Maybe because I questioned my relevance or if anyone actually gave a damn. Questioned whether I was shouting into the abyss. Questioned if my voice actually mattered. Questioned my existence and identity. (I'm not fishing for reassurances here. I'm still the same person with the same perspective--read my shit or not; I know I have relevant things to say. And my friend/boss/mentor in badassery Jenn reminded me: I'm a public intellectual, so yes, what I say matters.)

In the intervening years, a LOT of shit has happened. Personally, professionally, nationally, and globally. The first is still mostly off the table here. I try not to mix my online life and personal life though obviously my personal opinions and perspectives shape and inform what I say here.

Professionally, I've had some experiences which helped shape what and how I express myself. These experiences also led to me developing my new moniker--Goddess Professor. I attended an amazing workshop (DMAC at The Ohio State University) some time back, wherein I learned the tools necessary to produce a podcast episode. Creating and publishing a podcast has been a goal of mine for awhile. It is still my goal to produce a podcast, but with a full time life firing on a million cylinders, I know I don't have time to truly commit. But what I can do is share that pod here on the blog (coming soon) and continue writing. So, in trying to do my pod thing, I knew I needed a new name. After much thinking and debating (thanks Sheena), the Goddess Professor was born because I'm trying to tap into my goddess powers and commune more with the Earth, and I'm a professor. I know a lot about a lot. Goddess Professor perfectly embodies that. I'm a jackie of all trades, master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one.”

Nationally and globally: ooh, baby Gaia, where to start. SO MUCH SHIT! I won't dive into that here, but know that all of this will shape what I discuss in coming blogs.

So, there's a brief update. If you were following me before, thanks. Welcome back.
If 
you're new here, welcome. Thanks. Enjoy the wild ride!

Take care of yourself.
Pay attention!
Be informed!
Take part!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every accusation is a confession

I've been ruminating on how QAnon, or whatever the fuck they were calling themselves back then, REALLY convinced somebody to run up in a pizza parlor to rescue some kids from a PDFile ring in 2016, and how certain folks BEEN hollering about an international PDFile cabal/ring for a LONG ass time--except the super gullible among us are convinced it's only Dems--and those doing the hollering have been labeled "conspiracy nuts," and how folks in power have long scoffed at this idea and laughed at how stupid conspiracy theorists sound for thinking this,  buuuuut... Turns out that  1) yes, an international PDFile cabal/ring DOES exist, has for a long time, likely will continue to as long as no one is held accountable for the horrendous, villainous actions,  2) the cabal includes some of the most powerful people, corporations, entities in the world ,  3) even if they did participate, there was a second class of powerful elite who still willingly hobnobbed with the PDFile p...

Attempting to Open Eyes...

In my life, I view it as my goal and life's mission to open people's eyes to things around them, information they've been fed or led to believe, and in general, make people think for themselves .  I seek not to make people think and feel as I believe, but simply to encourage them to think and know for themselves. I am a lover of knowledge.  I don't profess to know everything, but the things I do know, I am sure of and sure that they are right for me and my life.  As my son ages and my second child makes his way towards this world, I grapple with wanting to impart my version of wisdom, truth, faith, kindness, and love of knowledge and progressivism compared with simply wanting them to seek their own truths--even if they depart from mine.  This is something I'm sure I'll battle for many years to come.  Strong willed parents tend to produce strong willed children. Being a strong willed person herself, my mother raised me to be my own woman, to think independen...

Keeping Ourselves Encouraged in the midst of a SNAFUBAR Shitshow

Phew chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile. It's been awhile since I posted, and we "sick and tired of being sick and tired," quoth Ms. Fannie Lou Hamer . That ma n has been in office barely 9 months, and it has seemed like over a year already. D'Angelo just died. Neo-soul has lost a King. And my goddess, one of the articles about his death reminded me that Angie Stone died THIS year too. Two Neo-soul legends gone and one young man losing both his parents in the same year. And that's just this week. I could go on and on, but enough of the sadness... Shit is hard. Seems like it's getting harder day by day.  Folks literally trying to legislate away people's rights, existence, identities. Corruption and cons left, right and center. History constantly repeating itself. Realizations that the folks who most Americans point to as the worst of history--the Nazis--actually got many of their ideas from the Jim Crow era . Seems like controlling forces, who want to subjugate, cage, g...